Monday, 30 April 2012

Call me when it's over!


Watching the funeral at White Hart Pain a few things came to mind.


Firstly as I thought of the quote “We will not get relegated. Absolutely no chance.” Steve Kean, 18/11/2011, I thought how did we manage to keep our chins above water last year. Blackburn Rovers have always been destined to get relegated this season. The club stayed up last season because of some men. Including club captain Ryan Nelson, team captain Christopher Samba, Michel Salgado, Phil Jones and Jermaine Jones. These guys kept the club up and nobody else. They took over the dressing room and dragged the club out of the mess Steve Kean got them in. 

Secondly the sentence “We take the positives” will forever haunt me and after the display against Spurs I desperately tried to find one so I came up with this and yes I am severely clutching at straws. This is the starting team for Rovers against Manchester United when we got relegated previously. Filan, Croft, Henchoz, Peacock, Davidson, Gillespie, Dunn, Carsley, Wilcox, Ward, Jansen, Broomes (Johnson 81). Arguable I know, but on paper I would think our squad is much stronger than when we went down the last time.



Thirdly, have I ever been so embarrassed by the club I love as I was against the most over rated team in the Premier League. Spurs didn’t play well, they didn’t have to. I wont discuss Steve Keans performance for the reason that I like my laptop and if I talk about him there’s a good chance the computer will end up in the River Liffey. The players have an excuse, the formation and system deployed was absolutely woeful. My frustrations lay with a few players. Junior Hoilett pranced around like he is the next big thing, news flash David putting the ball in the top corner once every so often will only get you so far. He is the new David Bentley, all hype and flash and top teams will run a mile. Mauro Formica is a unbelievable talent, unbelievable that he’s an Argentine international who cant keep or pass the round thing to a team mate. Morten Gamst Pedersen, he has lived off a reputation he gained six years ago and a brace at Old Trafford. He was shocking. Yak did his best when he got the ball but most of the time he was busy playing spin the bottle with Willy and Brad. David Dunn tried until the very end, although I do wish he took control of the situation and changed things himself. Anthony Modeste will be a punchline in Rovers history. The defense and wing backs did OK considering they kept the margin of defeat respectable. No body can deny the tactics were woeful, but I fail to comprehend how professional players are unable to muster any sort of effort on goal. This team is fast becoming a knock knock joke.



People who know me know Im not short of words, but I am struggling to think why I would continue subjecting myself to this. Never in my memory has a club and its fans become separate identities. A manager that actually makes my skin crawl and cringe when he opens his mouth. Its conceivable that this is only the start. How on earth does the club get out of this mess. Who will rescue the club and buy a small town club, in debt, saleable assests have been sold of, overturn a PR nightmare, championship football and pay enough that the bandits make a profit. Exactly, the answer is probably nobody.

Michel Salgado tweets to a fan.
@sophieanncarter what a beautiful club dumped

Think that says it all. Rover and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment